Fire damper drop testing and maintenance not only saves lives but is also a legal requirement. We will help you meet your obligations.
Did you know that all fire dampers should be tested at least annually and more often in dirty and dusty environments?
All fire and smoke dampers within your building(s) should be located, serviced and tested. Then a schedule should be created for regular checks to ensure their continued safe operation.Unlike many other firms which offer only fire damper testing services, Airmec technicians also undertake fire damper remedial work to provide a complete end-to-end solution.
Our fire damper services include:
- Identifying and locating all fire and smoke dampers
- Retrotfitting access panels where required
- Drop testing and resetting
- Manual activation of electric & pneumatic dampers
- Cleaning the damper channel and damper
- Lubrication of cleaned damper bearings
- Checking all moving parts
- Recording dust thickness in nearby ducting
- Verifying that there are no obstructions or damage
- Fire damper remedials
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 places a duty of care on the building owner/occupier to take such general fire precautions as will ensure, so far as reasonably practical, the safety of the building and safety of the people within it. Section 17 requires that systems used to control the fire risk are maintained in efficient working order.
British Standard 9999:2017 Code Of Practice For Fire Safety In The Design, Management & Use Of Buildings says: “…arrangements should be made for all fire dampers to be tested by a competent person on completion of the installation and at least annually”_ and _”… to be repaired or replaced immediately if found to be faulty”.